3W-International and 3W-Modellmotoren
Based on interviews, discussions and telephone conferences with customers a trend for smaller UAVs. Reasons had been as follow:
- Designed for special purposes
- More cost effective
- Easier to handle
- Covering the increasing civilian use like: Aerial photography,Power-line inspection, Pipe-line inspection, Border control, Woodfire detection and monitoring, Search and rescue, Agricultural monitoring and spraying, Fish swarm detection, Natural resources exploration and much more.
- Propulsion unit ready to build in
- Multicylinder engine with a low vibration level to protect the onboard electronic
- Effective muffler system to reduce the noise signature
- Multi-Fuel-System, with low fuel consumption
- Generator : 450W - 650W
- Use of redundant systems to make it easier to get the certification of FAA
These are our ideas based on the conversations to realise:
- 4-Cylinder flat engine , 2-stroke,air cooled
- Capacity; approx.. 140ccm,with 11hp.
- Reed controlled engine based on the design and experience of our existing model engine 3W-140iB4, but with a modified crankcase centre. Intake system will be installed on topand the exhaust system at the opposite side
- Air coold using a fan wheel and shrouds designed to accept a box used for fitting the ignitions
- Electronic Fuel Injection, using our modified ECU Type A with ERNI frontend and a redesigned fuel pump 400
- Fuel Pre-Heating System
- Multi-Fuel System using our patented HF system.
- Jet A1 ,JP-5 , JP-8 and 2-Stroke gas/oil mix can be burned without recalibration of the system.
- Generator 450W-650W. Engine prepared to accept generators
- TS-Cylinder allowing a redundant ignition system for more safety is only one feature. In case 1 ignition system will brake down, the 2nd system will keep the engine running, loosing only 100-150RPM.
- Spark plug connector is secured
- Muffler system : Stainless Steel
We would like to get your opinion to see whether our ideas fit your requirements.Your comments and suggestions will help us to realise this project.
AUVSI 2013 - Tactical Tech TV:<
3W-International GmbH is focused on providing the highest quality UAV engines, proven to increase reliability and reduce fuel consumption. With over 25 years experience in designing and producing 2-stroke engines, 3W has developed and patented a new generation of Heavy Fuel Engines for the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle industry.
In collaboration with 3W-Modellmotoren GmbH, 3W-International GmbH signed exclusive contracts for the following:
- Production and R&D of Heavy Fuel and gasoline engines
- Purchase of 3W-Modellmotorens patents in Germany and USA
- Sales & Marketing for the complete line of Heavy Fuel and gasoline engines to the industry worldwide